Do NOT make up maps of cities that exist!

I was trying to think of what to write for my next post, when I remembered this story from a friend/co-worker....

My friend was talking to this author who writes mystery novels. After this author stated she had published at least a baker's dozen worth of mysteries in only the last couple of years, she mentioned, "One my stories was set in San Francisco, but I didn't have time to do a lot of research, so I just made up street names and locations."

UMMM WHAT?!

This is totally not cool. Maybe I wouldn't care as much if San Francisco wasn't just 40 miles north of me. But it just seems WRONG to just make up stuff like that. I guess that's why it's called fiction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never do your own oil change...

Do Not Make New Year's Resolutions!